Cut Costs Across the Patient-Healthcare Spectrum
While also allowing patients to age in place—and on the go.
The Increasing Cost of Falls on the Healthcare System
Falls in older adults have become a major burden on the healthcare system, significantly affecting cost, resources and availability of American care.
Falls are the #1 case of injury to older adults
1 in 4 older adults fall annually
2x more likely to fall again if fallen once before
Falls lead to an increase use of ER resources, and increased costs from hospital admissions and extended stays.
We’ll Work With You To Keep Costs Down
The most cost-effective tool for long-term care is a Medical Guardian medical alert system. Offered at affordable rates as low as $1/day, the system also saves money for healthcare providers by reducing hospital visits and re-admittance rates.
Our medical alert systems provide 24/7 assistance at the push of a button, as well as offer automatic fall alert detection technology with select devices—ensuring individuals get the type of help they need, even when they’re unable to press their medical alert help button themselves.
How Medical Alert Systems Reduce Healthcare Costs
Reduce Emergency Costs
Our medical alert systems can also be used for more than just emergency situations including contacting a loved one in a non-emergency situation. If an ambulance is not necessarily needed, Medical Guardian can connect the user with his/her loved one for a helping hand. By identifying the situation and the type of help needed with our round-the-clock operators from our highly accredited monitoring centers, this will greatly reduce emergency costs for unneeded resources, such as an ambulance.
Reduce Hospital Stays
Your content goes here. Edit or remove this text inline or in the module Content settings. You can also style every aspect of this content in the module Design settings and even apply custom CSS to this text in the module Advanced settings.
Close to 50% of admitted patients are seniors, and about 20% of them readmit within two weeks of discharge. Since 2012, hospitals have experienced nearly $1.9 billion of excess readmission penalties, including $528 million in FY 2017 under The Affordable Care Act. Medical Guardian ensures that care continues from hospital to home and works in everyone’s best interest in order to reduce readmissions and the associated medical costs. We can help you manage patient risks and ensure that seniors have immediate access to help at all times. With a medical alert system, users receive 24/7 protection and peace of mind.
We’re Your Partner For Success
Our main goal is providing seniors with the safety net they need in order to feel secure at home as they age.
For Companies and Organizations:
- Access to the latest technology innovation to help better serve customers
- Dedicated Medical Guardian account manager
- Recognized as #1 medical alert provider in the country
- Global Award-Winning Customer Care Team
- Rated fastest response time by top review sites
- State of the art, UL- certified 24/7 monitoring centers
- On-demand access to real-time customer data
- A medical alert system is a proven way to remain in your own home, longer
- Receiving help within the first hour of experiencing a fall or medical emergency ensures a 90% chance of returning to independent living after a hospital visit
- People without medical alert devices spend an average of 13 more days in nursing homes or rehab facilities than those who have invested in medical alert systems for the home
Join the Medical Guardian Partnership Program.